Delta Dental of Oklahoma and the Delta Dental of Oklahoma Foundation have awarded $110,000 in scholarships to 11 OU College of Dentistry dental students for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The awarding of this year’s scholarships equates to a cumulative amount of more than $1 million in scholarships received by students at the OU College of Dentistry from DDOK and its Foundation since 2001.
Through the Delta Dental Scholarship fund, DDOK provides annual scholarships to well-deserving College of Dentistry students planning to practice within Oklahoma after graduation.
“Supporting the education of future dental professionals is incredibly important,” said John Gladden, president and CEO of Delta Dental of Oklahoma. “We are proud of the dedication these scholars demonstrate to their patients and communities, while they are in school and beyond.”
Students receiving a scholarship for the 2021-2022 academic year include:
- Carley Abbott, DS3 (Noble, OK)
- Conner Brasher, DS4 (Edmond, OK)
- Madison Campbell, DS4 (Alva, OK)
- Tanna Heddlesten, DS2 (McAlester, OK)
- Jack Koszykowski, DS2 (Oologah, OK)
- Lauren Means, DS4 (Lawton, OK)
- Zane Mills, DS2 (Sedan, KS)
- Preston Patrick, DS2 (Tahlequah, OK)
- Chelsea Saffo, DS2 (Broken Arrow, OK)
- Thanh Truong, DS4 (Broken Arrow, OK)
- Teresa Vu, DS3 (Wewoka, OK)
“The College of Dentistry is grateful to Delta Dental of Oklahoma and its Foundation for their incredible generosity,” said Paul M. Mullasseril, D.D.S., M.S., dean of the College of Dentistry. “Without their support, so many of our college’s programs would cease to exist. Similarly, the scholarships awarded to our dental and dental hygiene students help to significantly offset the rising cost of dental school and help to equip our students with the skills needed to serve their patients.”